Our client, a global giant in financial software is seeking a senior level Java Software Engineer with Big Data experience. A minimum of 5 years' professional experience is required for this role. In this position, you will become a significant member of a team that is responsible for providing a software platform for hosting large datasets, complete with search, analytics and real-time pipeline processing capabilities to address the unique challenges of the financial markets.
- Expert knowledge of Java and Scala.
- Comfortable with distributed systems, RESTful architectures and have built scalable, low-latency systems that provide high availability.
- Knowledge of HBASE, Cassandra, Hadoop Eco-system of technologies.
- Expertise in algorithms and data structures is expected.
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, Science, Math or equivalent experience.
About MGRS Group
MGRS Group specializes in the placement of information technologists, with a very specific focus on object-oriented programmers. We effectively recruit for C/C++, C# and Java Software Engineers as well as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python and Perl Developers. We work with the most talented developers in this business, at all levels in their career and within various areas such as Research and Development (R&D), Market Data, Trading Systems, HFT, Low Latency, Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI), Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Mobile Development, Websphere Portal and Business Integration.