Our client, a large software/media company, is hiring Software Engineers to help develop their industry-leading communications monitoring and analytics service platform for the financial industry. Their infrastructure processes millions of messages per day and archives billions of communication objects ranging from e-mail to voice recordings. This team uses open source technologies such as Java, Scala, Play Framework, Accumulo, Hadoop, jQuery and Docker IO.
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and highly motivated hands-on developer who enjoys working with large amounts of data and is looking for a new challenge in developing scalable and distributed systems.
- 5+ years of professional development experience and a hands-on problem solver with excellent software design and implementation skills using scalable REST web services in Scala/Java (7,8) using Akka/Play.
- Solid experience with OO driven development and frameworks similar to Play
- A self-starter who brings energy, passion and creativity to work every day.
- Knowledge of RDBMs like MySQL, data modeling, SQL tuning and optimization
- BA/BS in Computer Science, related degree, or strong comparable experience.
About MGRS Group
MGRS Group specializes in the placement of information technologists, with a very specific focus on object-oriented programmers. We effectively recruit for C/C++, C# and Java Software Engineers as well as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python and Perl Developers. We work with the most talented developers in this business, at all levels in their career and within various areas such as Research and Development (R&D), Market Data, Trading Systems, HFT, Low Latency, Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI), Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Mobile Development, Websphere Portal and Business Integration.