If you are Cassandra expert and are passionate about distributed systems, have seen them behave in production and have interacted with the open source community, we'd like to talk to you. Company offers relocation for the right candidate.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- Create standardized solutions to complex challenges, such as large-scale data storage, low-latency retrievals, high-volume requests, and high availability over a distributed environment to name a few
- Building platforms using NoSQL technologies such as HBase and Cassandra
- Working cluster provisioning, workflows for keyspace and schema management, implementing client libraries for custom load balancing and retry policies and investigating containerization & cloud deployment solutions
- Provide solutions engineering for application teams, helping them with data modeling and architecture.
- Help application teams looking to use Cassandra with workload characterization, performance tuning and failure analysis
- Develop innovative tooling ranging from auto-tuning clusters for a given workload to mediator services that handle workload management for multi-tenant deploys.
- Identify feature gaps in the technology and work with our vendor partners and the open source community to co-design and co-develop features and bug fixes
About MGRS Group
- Experience designing and implementing low-latency, high-scalability systems
- Solid production experience with Cassandra, in a platform/infrastructure role
- Strong experience with systems-level Java - knowledge of garbage collection internals, concurrency models, native & async IO and Off-heap memory management
- Experience troubleshooting complex distributed systems, hotfixing them and providing patches to upstream in a timely manner
- Upstream, accepted open source contributions to HBase, Cassandra or other NoSQL technologies
MGRS Group specializes in the placement of information technologists, with a very specific focus on object-oriented programmers. We work with the most talented developers in this business, at all levels in their career and within various areas such as Research and Development (R&D), Market Data, Trading Systems, HFT, Low Latency, Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI), Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Mobile Development, Websphere Portal and Business Integration.
Keywords: Cassandra, HBase, NoSQL, coder, coding, programmer, programming, developer, developing, distributed, scalable, applications, technology, platform