Our client, a world-leading technology and information services company, has an impressive internal Cloud infrastructure that enables their applications to prosper. Every day they use their system architecture & engineering skills to dig deep into the OpenStack architecture and influence the reliability and supportability aspects. They have a vision and a mission to automate away highly operational tasks such as break/fix, cluster migrations, new service build-outs, abuse, etc. On any given day, they work with engineering, product & project managers, test and automation teams on everything from architecture to developing strategic and tactical solutions.
As a member of the Cloud Services team you'll deliver one of the largest and most mature OpenStack-based clouds in the Fintech space. This infrastructure supports critical products with a tremendous impact across the organization. You'll help increase velocity and deployment of additional functions such as LaaS, CaaS and others. There will be frequent opportunities to learn and improve your networking skills in areas like BGP and layer 7 services. You'll also have opportunities to contribute back into leading Open Source infrastructure projects such as Ceph, OpenStack, and OpenCompute.
If you have experience building, scaling out and managing large distributed services, join this team and contribute to services that can shrink and expand based on demand, self-heal and automatically rollout.
- Add and improve Cloud and storage product features
- Improve cloud and storage product reliability, availability, maintainability, cost/benefit
- Design new hardware architectures for cloud products
- Design new network architectures for cloud products
- Re-architect the organization’s OpenStack distro
- 3+ years OpenStack Private Cloud with experience with Public Cloud (e.g. AWS) experience a plus
- Network expertise - linux kernel network features, BGP, routing, web (REST) APIs
- Linux hypervisor (ideally, KVM) expertise
- High availability engineering experience (clustering, consensus algorithms, fail-over mechanisms)
- Experience configuring, deploying and operating OpenStack and Ceph with both block and s3 configurations
- Scripting experience, ideally in Python and/or Ruby with use of Nova API