Are you a hands-on architect who wants to build systems that are used by real people to make real decisions? You will be joining as a subject matter expert on Hadoop. As the SME, you'll be working with engineers, product managers and data scientists to help build a state-of-the art framework for ingesting large and disparate data sources into an environment where the data can easily be put to use. You'll analyze the environment, determine best practices and drive the development of new features. You will play a key role in shaping the future of Big Data.
- 3+ years of experience using Hadoop, HDFS or MapReduce
- 3+ years of experience programming in Java
- Familiarity with HBase, NoSQL or similar technologies
- Experience implementing Hadoop from scratch
- Experience enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of Spark, Kafka, Oozie, Zookeeper, Flume or Storm is a plus
- Exposure to Data Warehousing, BI reporting or data analytics is a plus
- Self-starter capable of working effectively with a team and as an individual contributor
- Effective communication skills
About MGRS Group
MGRS Group specializes in the placement of information technologists, with a very specific focus on object-oriented programmers. We effectively recruit for C/C++, C# and Java Software Engineers as well as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python and Perl Developers. We work with the most talented developers in this business, at all levels in their career and within various areas such as Research and Development (R&D), Market Data, Trading Systems, HFT, Low Latency, Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI), Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Mobile Development, Websphere Portal and Business Integration.