Our client provides business and financial information, news, and insights for customers worldwide, through its industry-leading technology. Building highly scalable and available systems that processes billions of data points per day, the scale of this product imposes technical challenges around the stringent availability, throughput and responsiveness metrics on the system. Portfolio Managers use this system for performance analysis and returns attribution, risk analytics, intraday monitoring, optimization and idea generation.
To keep pace with the tremendous growth of this product, they are constantly looking for ways to improve it using new technologies. We are seeking individuals who are interested in high performance distributed systems, a modern software code base and are looking to build new products using the latest technology.
This a close knit group that takes pride in the strength of the team and in the agility, focus and drive of the developers that have allowed to advance so quickly while maintaining outstanding quality.
- Most of the code base is in C++
- Python and other scripting languages for specific projects
- Special emphasis on system architecture and scalability
- Constant investment in research of cutting-edge technologies
- 2+ years of experience with object-oriented programming such as C++, C# or Java
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- Interest in the financial markets
About MGRS Group
MGRS Group specializes in the placement of information technologists, with a very specific focus on object-oriented programmers. We effectively recruit for C/C++, C# and Java Software Engineers as well as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python and Perl Developers. We work with the most talented developers in this business, at all levels in their career and within various areas such as Research and Development (R&D), Market Data, Trading Systems, HFT, Low Latency, Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI), Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Mobile Development, Websphere Portal and Business Integration.