Our client, a global leader in the Financial Services industry, is seeking a strong low level technical programmer with excellent problem solving skills and an appreciation for the scope and impact of the work. This team is responsible for building the proprietary database technology supporting the companies core infrastructure, including a custom RDBMS. The day-to-day includes development and integration of new features, working on projects to improve the scalability and stability of the technology and troubleshooting/ debugging/ performance tuning the production environment to minimize failure impact.
- 5+ years of experience programming in C
- Familiarity with the full SDLC
- Experience using existing DBMS systems, with a working understanding of SQL and internals
- Working knowledge of development tools such as debuggers, profilers and tracing utilities
- Hands on multithreading experience, preferably with pthreads
- Excellent problem solving and multitasking skills, with a logical and pragmatic attitude
- Experience building database engines
- Understanding of the issues surrounding logging, recovery and replication in a database environment
- Network programming experience is a plus
- An understanding of operating system interfaces and internals is a plus
About MGRS Group
MGRS Group specializes in the placement of information technologists, with a very specific focus on object-oriented programmers. We effectively recruit for C/C++, C# and Java Software Engineers as well as Ruby on Rails, PHP, Python and Perl Developers. We work with the most talented developers in this business, at all levels in their career and within various areas such as Research and Development (R&D), Market Data, Trading Systems, HFT, Low Latency, Data Science, Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Business Intelligence (BI), Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, Mobile Development, Websphere Portal and Business Integration.